GOPA is delighted to announce the launch of our new website at GrummanPilots.org!!!
All of the same information that was at AYA.org is on the new site plus MUCH MUCH More! If you were not able to be on today’s Annual Members’ Meeting, we invite you to come tour the new site.
AYA vs GrummanPilots.org
Most of the content from AYA, including all of your member records, has already been transferred to the new site. That job will be completed by early Fall. Within a short period of time, typing in AYA.org will also take you to the new site. From today forward, all materials will direct people to GrummanPilots.org as the official website for The Grumman Owners & Pilots Association (Formerly known as The American Yankee Association, AYA)
Logging in for the first time:
When you log on for the first time, you will need to re-establish your password, so “Log-In” with your regular AYA credentials then click on "Forgot Password." The system will send you an email to re-set your password. You can RESET either with the old password or a new one. Click on “Remember me” and you will be set to log in automatically from then on.
Problems with Log-on?
Contact our trusty webmaster, Don Metz (email@example.com).
A quick tour
You will find many of the old stand-bys in their normal places…Events, Members Directory, Scholarship, etc.… but there also many exciting new things:
1. On the HOME page:
- The Showcase, highlighting why we are different and DEFINITELY worth joining PLUS an amazing Parade of Grummans
- “Considering Buying a Grumman?” takes you on a tour of the “buying journey” from Why Grumman/Which Grumman through our classifieds and Shopping on-line, and on to support with our new Mentors Program, PFP, and Cockpit Cool
- GOPA: THE Grumman Type Club explains 8 Great Reasons to join a Grumman TYPE Club in addition to following other blogs and forums. (There is also a direct link to this article in ABOUT US)
- Cat Tales displays featured recent articles from The Star (New name: The Grumman International Star)
2. In AIRCRAFT
- Bob Reed’s amazing video illustrating “Why Grumman?”
- And the full parade of our Grumman Family, compete with multiple comparisons
3. In SUPPORT/PFP
- Another Bob Reed contribution, a video highlighting our amazing PFP Program
4. In JOIN US
- Easy to access Membership forms
- Getting Involved: Over 2 dozen ways to get active in GOPA
5. In ABOUT US
- GOPA Gives Back and Members Helping Members – “GOPA is people” and these stories , based on our AYA heritage, show how wonderful our people can be
- GOPA and the FAA – tells how our TYPE club has influenced FAA airworthiness directives
6. In the MEMBERS Area
- Our massive libraries on FLYING & OPS and MAINTENANCE have been organized and beautifully presented
- Our PFP Manuals have been newly refreshed... Are you a CFI? Consider applying to be a PFP Instructor… the Application is right in this section
- “Getting the Word Out” - A new Members Communication Hub! Interested in hosting a Fly-in? The form is here. Interested in becoming a Mentor? The form is here. Watch for new “informational postcards” to leave on windscreens of non-member Grummans… and mini-posters that you can print out at home and put up at your FBO or local maintenance shop… in North American and European/A4 format!
It has been my privilege, as your Strategic Advisor, to contribute to the strategy, navigation and content of the new site. Our thanks to our web development wizard, Alan Marsden, for its design and creativity, and to our webmaster, Don, for its functionality, for moving TONS of content from the old site to the new and for always finding the right picture to show how special our Type Club is.
So, ENJOY! And share! Our website is our most important tool for showing people how wonderful and valuable GOPA is and why they should JOIN TODAY!
Contact me if you have new ideas!
GOPA Strategic Advisor